Shahi Chicken Korma
- 1 chicken deboned and cut into pieces
- 3 onion (pyaj) chopped
- 1 tsp ground turmeric|turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds powder (dhania powder)
- 1 tsp red chile powder (lal mirch)
- 1″ long piece ginger (adrak) chopped
- 8 garlic (lasun) minced
- 1 cup curd (dahi) fresh and thick
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 3 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
- 5 almonds (badam) chopped
- 10 cashew nut (kaju) chopped
- lemon juice to taste
- cilantro|coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- Beat the curd and mix Chicken pieces with turmeric and salt.
- Set it aside for half an hour.
- Now heat ghee and fry onions, ginger, garlic till light brown.
- Add red chilly powder, coriander and simmer for few minutes.
- Add Chicken and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and stir well.
- Cover and cook till Chicken is tender and dry.
- Add garam masala and salt.
- Mix all the dry fruits and garnish with cilantro|coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.